Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Mostly Harmless Magazine Issue #1

So this is the "First" Issue of Mostly Harmless Magazine. I had previously compiled an issue of Mostly Harmless #1 waaaay back in 2002 or something like that. Waaay back in the day. It was compiled and finished, but never published. Most of the interviews in that issue are allllllll the way over on my old website: www.shrevepunx.com/iamdamian.

I also put out an Issue #Zero of Mostly Harmless to promote Issue one. It had the A Wilhelm Scream interview along with the, what i believe to be the FINAL interview with my favorite pop-punk band from Denver, THE GAMITS. It only had an 100 issue print run all done at Kinko's.

Fast forward to November of 2005, I put out the first official issue of Mostly Harmless. We did a 1,000 issue print run and included was an incredibly open and honest interview with Christian Jacobs, the lead singer and producer of Yo Gabba Gabba! (the world's greatest children's television show). As well as a reprinting of the amazing drunken interview with A WILHELM SCREAM (which you can listen to at: http://www.myspace.com/mhmagazine) and another incredibility drunk interview with an incredibly underrated Gainsville Band, J.Page.

I look back at this issue and it makes me cringe. The Graphic design is AWFUL (while better than almost all other Zines...) I self taught myself Adobe InDesign and made issue #1 in a couple of Days. I didn't edit enough stuff out, and well, the music reviews in the back are AWFUL. Its come to my attention that while I love music and i am one of the best interviewers of bands on this PLANET (and this is modesty. I've read a ton of zines and most interviewers are awful....) I'm good. Anyways, I can't write CD/Music reviews to save my life... But i keep trying... Just like that fat kid trying to sleep with the head cheerleader. Maybe he'll finally succeed when she's fat, divorced with 4 kids and the only accomplishment in life she has is she went to beauty school and graduated 7th in her class.....

Anyways. I'm working on my new music projects and well, Why not start at the beggining and re-evaluate what I've done before and where I'm going from here. So here we go. Here is issue one in all its JPEG Glory.

It got good reviews from all the right people, but I didn't sell a single add... Not only can I not write music reviews, I can't sell ads. Alas... I'll stick to getting drunk and asking stupid Questions.

Issue #2 will be on here soon and then We'll move on to the new, new project.... Maybe for that post, I won't have drank 5 New Belgium Might Arrow Pale Ales on an Empty Stomach and be able to write more coherent sentences, but probably not. haha

Stay Tuned.....




































BTW T-shirts were never made... Sad Face....

No comments:

Post a Comment